Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 3

Your idea of the perfect first date.


A perfect first date??? Does that even exist? I'm sure in some alternate universe where life DOESN'T happen it could be possible.

Neight and I have been married for just over two years, and our first date happened July 1, 2006, believe it or not. I guess it wasn't technically a date because his family was there, but we did go off on our own, which is when our relationship started. I don't remember much, but I do remember that we went to Lagoon. It was a lot of fun, but life got in the way. At the time I was a bratty teenager and didn't listen to my parents. I was in that awkward stage of not knowing what to say to a boy, let alone spend an entire day with one. Needless to say, I may have blocked some of that day out because of the awkwardness it provided.

Anyway, 5 years later here we are, happily married and even more in love than the day of our first date. Neight and I try to make a date night each week, but the date usually ends up being a trip to Wal-Mart to do our grocery shopping for the next week. I honestly don't mind that we consider our date night grocery shopping because it gives us time to be with each other and talk about our day and what we have on our mind. With todays challenge being about the perfect first date I've decided to change it just a little to my ideal date night now.

My ideal date night would be for Neight and myself to make dinner together, watch movies, and to snuggle/cuddle. It's a pretty simple date, but it's spending time together, and we really don't get a lot of that with our schedules being opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment